Adult CBT Externship Assistant Training Director
(Emphasis Area: Adult Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
Dr. Hollie Granato specializes in severe emotion dysregulation, trauma, and addictions. She completed her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology at the University of Washington, where her research and clinical work focused on the intersection between substance abuse, sexual trauma, and mental health. During her graduate studies, Dr. Granato trained extensively with Dr. Marsha Linehan in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) for both adults and adolescents, and has been invited to speak internationally on DBT as well as published on the treatment of co-occurring Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). Additionally, she has served as a consultant and trainer for both DBT as well as Motivational Interviewing interventions for youth and adolescents.
Dr. Granato has extensive research experience in evaluating addictive behaviors, violence, and severe emotion dysregulation. She has published in the areas of sexual violence, trauma, alcohol use, gambling behavior, LGBTQ issues, and DBT. Her current research interests focus on the dissemination and implementation of evidence-based treatments, and she is co-investigator on a county-wide dissemination project to train frontline mental health clinicians in CBT.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Sexual Violence and Trauma
- B.A., Rollins College, Winter Park
- M.A., University of Colorado, Denver
- M.S., University of Washington, Seattle
- Pre-doctoral Internship, Veteran’s Affairs Healthcare System Puget Sound, Seattle Division, Seattle
- Ph.D., University of Washington, Seattle
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Adult Psychiatry, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center